Re: Oracle Gateway + Sybase Anyware

From: Evgeny Filippenkov <filippenkov_at_svitonline.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:09:08 +0200

> Looking at:
> http://otn.oracle.com/products/gateways/pdf/sybase816.pdf

I've read this document but i have not found any references to versions compatibility.

> looks like Sybase 12.5 is not supported with 8.1.6 Transparent Gateway.
> This might be the reason for your problems?

Maybe. We are going to migrate on 8th version of Sybase (12.5 is version of the
client). Perhaps it will help. BTW, the same error I get when I tried to use Gateway under HP-UX.

> The question mark in the SQL statement points to the bind parameter passed
> to the SQL, not the actual "?" value.

Well, but can I fix it. Are there exist any useful parameters be able to help me on the sybase side ?