Re: Importing text data

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 18 Nov 2002 16:39:34 +1100

"K Allen" <allenkb_at_nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> what is the easiest way to import text data into a table, can someone give
> me a detailed procedure on how to do it. I have a couple of different tools
> toad, and access.

Can you be a little more precise? Its Monday here and my Crystal ball is still foggy (it never works well on the first day of the week.

What exactly do you mean by text data? Are you talking about importing text into a clob or are you talking about importing data from some sort of CSV or fixed field width file or some other form of 'text'? Also, what version of Oracle are you referring to - different versions provide different options

You say you have TOAD and Access as your tools - what about all the standard Oracle tools - can't you use any of them (e.g. SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus etc).

Tim Received on Sun Nov 17 2002 - 23:39:34 CST