Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Edward J. Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:21:14 GMT

Bob Redding wrote:
> I agree. Even if you have the online, pdf or printed manuals, sometimes it
> is easier to ask a question in a forum such as this. And no one, especially
> a 'Senior Oracle DBA', should chastise a poster seeking an answer who might
> not have access to such resources.
>

> "Russell Fray" <news_at_it-logic.com> wrote in message
>

>>"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Actually it does. The SQL Reference manual has many examples.  It is
>>>actually quite useful.
>>
>>Ummm er er my copy didn't ;)  Ok I stand corrected.  But still, if

> somebody
>
>>asks a question and you know the answer, it's just as easy to say "this is
>>the answer, and by the way have a look at (insert appropriate
>>reference/search site)" than it is just to say "sod off, find out

> yourself"
>
>>:)
>>
>>Russ.

When the answer is SO SIMPLE as this and has been asked SO MANY TIMES that experienced people in this group get tired of it. Sybrand and a few others provide their support in this group for FREE. Sybrand was trying to teach the man to fish (if you know the saying you'll understand.)

Given That, I'd ask, why don't you just asnwer the question   and then be quiet?
(I do see that Bob answered it.)

  Ed

--
Edward J. Prochak   --- Magic Interface, Ltd.
Ofc: 440-498-3700   --- 7295 Popham Place, Solon, OH 44139