Re: Importing a .dmp into a different tablespace (RH7.1, Oracle 81610)

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:26:35 +0100

Michela,

Please don't crosspost. Many people read all groups, so it's a waste of time and space.

To the point:

> imp devintranet/blah file=intranet.dmp
>
> But - this doesn't work - does anyone know what I should do to force
> Oracle to do this import?

What exactly doesn't work? Errors, unexpected behaviour etc? Please be more specific.

> Also: supposing I've reached the pt where I've finished experimenting
> with devintranet - what commands should I use to completely remove
> both the user and the tablespace, so that I can safely remove any
> resulting .dbf file that has been created?

connect as system
drop user <user_name> cascade;
check if anything is left in the tablespace:

select * from dba_segments where tablespace_name=<...> ...

drop tablespace <....>;

hth,
Peter Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 09:26:35 CST