Re: no semicolon in SQL*PLUS

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:19:10 -0000

Maybe he was running the SQL in a GUI tool that doesn't actually require the trailing semi-colon and so it was in fact the semi-colon that was considered the invalid character. Doesn't SQL*Navigator do that in the sngle SQL window?

I still reckon you want VARCHAR2s rather than VARCHARs though, as per Oracle documentation.