ADO Error when using OraOLEDB.Oracle on a .Net machine

From: Ian <ian_at_worryfreecontracting.com.au>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 00:13:06 -0700

I have a VB6 application that was happily talking to an Oracle application and returning some xml data in a clob parameter.

It has since stopped working in my development environment which is about to be migrated into production. It returns the error 80040E21 "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done."

I have installed the .net environment which is required as part of the other functionality in the release and probably made a number of other changes.

I am using the OraOLEDB.Oracle provider version 8.1.7.0. Has anyone else had this problem or is happily using this version to on a machine with the .Net runtime to talk to an oracle app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian Received on Sat Oct 26 2002 - 02:13:06 CDT