Re: ADO Error when using OraOLEDB.Oracle on a .Net machine

From: Ian <ian_at_worryfreecontracting.com.au>
Date: 28 Oct 2002 12:14:33 -0800

ian_at_worryfreecontracting.com.au (Ian) wrote in message news:<b299c02.0210252313.5c6bc3bd_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have a VB6 application that was happily talking to an Oracle
> application and returning some xml data in a clob parameter.
>
> It has since stopped working in my development environment which is
> about to be migrated into production. It returns the error 80040E21
> "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
> status value, if available. No work was done."
>
> I have installed the .net environment which is required as part of the
> other functionality in the release and probably made a number of other
> changes.
>
> I am using the OraOLEDB.Oracle provider version 8.1.7.0. Has anyone
> else had this problem or is happily using this version to on a machine
> with the .Net runtime to talk to an oracle app.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ian

For anyone who stumbles across this message. The problem had nothing to do with .Net or the drivers.

It was caused by another change I made which resulted in the commandText having binary 0 in the parameter seperaters rather than a comma.

{call pg_esales.pb_dni_common_header_xml(?o?o?)} rather than
{call pg_esales.pb_dni_common_header_xml(?,?,?)}

Happy debugging.

Cheers

Ian Received on Mon Oct 28 2002 - 14:14:33 CST