Re: Memory usage

From: Eric Z. Beard <ericzbeard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 09:04:30 -0700

> So if you tell me which parameters in init.ora affects memory usage I am
> very well able to read about it in the helpfiles and do some memory tuning
> myself.

For 9i, how about sga_max_size=200M or whatever you are shooting for. The other values tend to get changed while the database is running, but it will stick to this value for the max. OEM has a memory usage screen under 'Instance->Configuration->Memory'. You can turn on tracing so it can make recommendations for memory settings. Be careful tweaking these online with OEM, though, changing buffer cache with an Oracle 8i client against a 9i database resulted in a complete database crash for me. Don't know about other combinations (shouldn't be surprised that an older client might cause problems) but I wouldn't want to test it on a production box.

EZB Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 11:04:30 CDT