OID Install Problem, OID does not start through 9iAS

From: Andrew <ahuntertate_at_icimail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 08:52:11 -0700

Facts
  OS: Windows2K Server

      Oracle9iAS Rel2 9.0.2

Problem:
  I installed Oracle 9.0.2 infrstructure and portal successfully. I was testing the OID Configurationa and changed the User Search definition through the DAS. I was unable to reconfigure that because I did not have a user in that Container that had rights to update the configurataion. The DAS will only authenticate against that container. This being a test instance I descided to uninstall and reinstall the OID and Portal. Uninstalled the products successfully. I reinstalled the Oracle Infrastucture. When I Restarted the components through OEM the Internet directory will not start. Message is "No LDAP Instance found".

I have verified that the OIDMon and OIDCtl start correctly. I can bind to the OID from the Windows console. I can modify the OID with the Oracle Directory Manger

I cannot connect to the OID from SQL Plus. I cannot use Oracle SSO to login to the DAS. I have reinstalled theOID into a new ORacle_Home nad I am unable to remove the Original Home Directory.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Andrew Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:52:11 CDT