Re: seemingly simple questions

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:53:48 +0100

"Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote in message news:sJqt9.3502$TX.1257298_at_twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I've read 5 books on 9i and I'm getting close to the point of utter
disgust
> that none of these books tell you what Oracle is doing. None of them. It's
> rediculous. I can't go into a job with a paper DBA certificate and not
know
> what's happening inside the DB. Please someone help me (and I'm sure a lot
> of other confused people) understand a simple update statement. Thanks
> again...Paul

See other replies , especially Richard's for the point in question. I thought I'd pick up on this paragraph though. You are quite correct that in many ways the OCP doesn't enable you to understand what oracle is doing (and still less why), the official education courses do go some way to addressing this, but in essence you are quite correct that you can obtain an OCP and not understand what Oracle is or does.The same is of course true for the MCSE and similar qualifications. You are quite likely to find as a result that the OCP doesn't in fact help you get the job (though it may help you get an interview).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA