Re: Restricting view on all_users

From: Hassan Masri <h.masri_at_fhtw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:54:18 +0200

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:07:05 GMT, Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com> wrote:

>To my knowledge, the system does not keep track of which user created
>which user. The list of users who can issue a CREATE USER statement
>should be very small anyway (i.e. less than 5). Most users don't have
>the CREATE USER privilege. So why would one want to know this
>information?

This is what I thought. Shared database and I wanted to give each admin the chance to create his own users and modify them. But I did not want him to see the other available users. But it would just have been a plus, so I'll just forget about it.

>If this is really desirable, then you'll have to create a trigger which
>captures CREATE USER statements and log who create who. Then, you'd have
>to get this information out of this log (stored in a table perhaps).
>HTH,
>Brian

thanks
hassan Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 02:54:18 CDT