Re: OWS 3 and SSL cert issue

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:56:02 +0100

In article <Jw%s9.35354$Q3S.2725_at_news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, rlagana_at_rogers.com did, with immense forethought and due consideration for the subscribers to this newsgroup, say...
> How does OWS 3 check version signatures?
>
> I want to see if it's something easy as editing a configuration file or
> something.

To be honest I am pretty sure that you're screwed on this one. I would love to be proved wrong, but we run OWAS 3 on one of our sites using SSL. Certificate had to be bought from verisign (some problem to do with the issuing authority hierarchies) and I got an email from verisign saying no more v1 certificates will be issued shortly after we had renewed ours (phew!).

We are upgrading to 9iAS (r2 or r3) shortly.

--

jeremy