Re: Opinion Needed: JVM performance?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:10:15 GMT

Running JVM doesn't introduce any serious performance hit to your system. You'll hardly notice that it is running at all! You will need to allocate more memory for the Java Pool though, but you don't need much.

IIRC, In the future, you will be required to install JVM as many supplied packages will actually use Java. For instance, UTL_SMTP actually uses Java behind the scenes. And it wants a JVM to run in!

HTH,
Brian