Re: How to turn on/off Oracle 8i for Windows 2000 Pro?

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:34:12 -0500

W2K does more in the background ( to allow for recovery for instance and to check security ) and in general uses more resources than 98 or ME so it can be a little slower - I usually turn off indexing for most directories, especially those that change contents often..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 08:34:12 CDT