Re: Importing a Dump from Oracle 7.3 into Oracle Personal Edition 8

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:24:18 +0200

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:36:43 GMT, "Mikael Osterhed" <moster_Delete_Spam_at_libero.it> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just installed Oracle Personal Edition 8x on my computer running Windows
>XP Prof. It seems to work without any problems.
>
>Now I desperately need to import a dump (created in Oracle 7.3 and extracted
>from the server at work) into Oracle Personal Edition 8x . In the past, when
>running Oracle Personal Edition 7.3, I used the comand "IMP73 SYSTEM/MANAGER
>ecc which worked like charm.
>
>How shall I proceed in Oracle 8x to import my dump created with Oracle 7.3 ?
>Does the data need to be converted first ? Anyone who can indicate me a link
>for a "step by step guide" on the net or who can tell me what to do.
>
>Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Mike

run %ORACLE_HOME%/rdbms/catexp7.sql using sqlplus connected as SYS. This create the V7 export views.
Then just imp system/manager etc. if you are running 8i or imp80 if you are running 8.0 (8.0 is desupped though)

Obviously this procedure is described in various manuals and you would do better to read them at http://otn.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle.com before posting.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Oct 12 2002 - 10:24:18 CDT