Re: Pb Creating database using oracle scripts

From: Saad Ben Barka <Saad.Ben.Barka_at_apic.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:44:52 +0200

Thanks every body for your precious help.

Well first of all I am using Oracle 9i.

Oracle generates all the scripts I am using for database creation and also a bat file.

The content of the bat file is following:

REM Start of the file

set ORACLE_SID=PCIT

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\oradim -new -sid PCIT -startmode m -pfile D:\oracle\ora90\database\initPCIT.ora

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\oradim -edit -sid PCIT -startmode a

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog
@D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\CreateDB.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog
@D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\CreateDBFiles.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog
@D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\CreateDBCatalog.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog @D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\JServer.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog @D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\ordinst.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog
@D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\interMedia.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog @D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\context.sql

D:\oracle\ora90\bin\sqlplus /nolog
@D:\oracle\admin\PCIT\scripts\postDBCreation.sql

REM End of the file

So In the beginning I just tried to run it. But the creation fails.

As you can see the syntaxe for ORADIM is not used in the bat file is not is this way :

oradim -new -sid <SID> -intpwd <PASSWORD> -startmode m -pfile <...\init.ora>

Perhaps for this reason it does not create The PWD file.

I will make the necessary changes, and I will try again.

The "CREATE DATABASE" command is in the first script "CreateDB.sql".

I confirm that it does not create the directory if needed.

I will try today or Monday morning.

Regards,

Saâd Ben Barka
Chef de Projet
Apic SA - 113 Avenue Aristide Briand - 94117 Arcueil Cedex (France)
Tél: +33 (0) 1 49 08 83 00 - Fax: +33 (0) 1 49 69 92 93

news: lacbqukqgj9b0ht6m7rrn740t200qjv8ga_at_4ax.com...