Re: Pb Creating database using oracle scripts

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:58:44 +0200

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:14:13 +0200, "Saad Ben Barka" <Saad.Ben.Barka_at_apic.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I want to generate a new database automatically.
>
>I am working on Windows 2000 / and using Oracle 9i.
>
>I use the database assistant to set up my parameters, and at the end I don't
>select
>
>the option "create the Database", I just select the option generate
>scripts.

If you are going to follow this route you need to create the instance first using the oradim utility as documented. The error message tells you don't have a password file, and most likely you don't have a service called OracleServicepcit running. Check out the documentation on oradim on how to create the instance.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 11:58:44 CDT