Re: Where to get PL/SQL?

From: ImPrecise <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 18:06:48 -0400

In article <pG1o9.111140$121.2389807_at_twister.austin.rr.com>,  "bigKED" <tme2slp_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay!
>
> I think I understand. I use SQLPlus, but wasn't sure about PL/SQL. From
> the comments, it is built-in to Oracle, so all I have to do is learn how to
> use the PL/SQL commands? Am I close? So, once I install the PL/File it
> will have that feature or does my PL/SQL already have that feature?

PL/SQL is the [P]rocedural [L]anguage extension to SQL. It is installed into an Oracle instance when the CATPROC.SQL script is run--generally upon instance creation. If you are in doubt, log on to your instance using SQL*Plus as the SYS account and run the script:

SQL> execute $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql

and the procedural option will be installed (or re-installed, as the case may be). You will then be able to use the full set of procedural tools and language extensions provided by Oracle.

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...
***