Re: One query Two Databases

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:44:25 GMT

> What I am trying to do is migrate our tables from the old database (Oracle
> 7) to our testing database (Oracle 8) without doing an Export/Import because
> we have rearranged the tables to be in slightly different tablespaces.

You can still use exp/imp, even if you want to move the tables to different tablespaces. In your 8i instance, precreate the tables, without any data, in the tablespace you want them to reside in. Then, when you import the data, specify the IGNORE=Y parameter. You data will be imported into those precreated tables in the new tablespace.

HTH,
Brian Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:44:25 CDT