Re: One query Two Databases

From: Michael Kuznetsov <mvk_at_servocomp.ru>
Date: 30 Sep 2002 01:11:03 -0700

Hi Trevor,

There is very old but easy way to copy table from one database to another. It's using COPY command from SQL*Plus.

It is fragment from SQL*Plus documentation:

The following command copies the entire EMP table to a table named WESTEMP.
Note that the tables are located in two different databases. If WESTEMP already
exists, SQL*Plus replaces the table and its contents. The columns in WESTEMP have the same names as the columns in the source table, EMP.

SQL> COPY FROM SCOTT/TIGER_at_HQ TO JOHN/CHROME_at_WEST -> REPLACE WESTEMP ->
USING SELECT * FROM EMP Regards,
Michael
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Programming
http://www.brainbench.com