Re: Where can I download Personal Oracle 7.3 for Windows NT

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:45:15 GMT

Mikael Osterhed wrote:

> Justin,
>
> thx for your reply although I am not really sure what to make out of it....
>
> Well, I still use Personal Oracle 7 (perhaps the version 7.3 doesn't exist)
> for Windows 95 as a developer-tool on my laptop before porting my work onto
> the server (which is running Oracle 7). The problem is that I just got a new
> laptop with Win 2K and since I vaguely remember ( I may be wrong) there was
> a version of Personal Oracle 7 for Windows NT, I thought I may need the
> Windows NT version to use it with Win 2K. That's why I am asking if the
> NT-version is still available for download somewhere.
>
> Perhaps the Oracle 8 might work just as well. Any ideas.? At the end, I just
> need to import a dump from from the Server running Oracle 7 onto my laptop
> in order to get access to the data - I do not need that the acounting
> software runs on Personal Oracle 7 or 8.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated..
>
> Mike
>
> "Justin Cave" <jocave_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Mikael Osterhed" <mikael_at_osterhed.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'd like to download Personal Oracle 7.3 for Windows NT. Unfortunately I
> > > cannot find it anylonger on Oracle's web-site. Any1 who knows an
> alternative
> > > download location ?
> >
> > There was never such an animal. Personal Oracle wasn't a product
> > until the Oracle 8 time frame.
> >
> > Justin Cave

Unless you are with in a year or two of retirement I would make the leap to 9.2 Enterprise Edition and get the skills necessary to maintain a marketable resume. I haven't seen 7.3 for probably 7-8 years. And the last time I saw it was on an Amdahl mainframe because Oracle hadn't released 8 on that platform yet.

Use the compatible parameter in the init.ora to limit yourself to 7.3 for testing purposes if you need to. But I would seriously consider exploring the cost of migrating your production environment before 10i is released.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 10:45:15 CDT