Re: Update from object types with type or table dependents

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2002 14:55:24 -0700

Are you using Data Guard? Not sure what you meant this:

> If I try to insert a new object type in an already existend type, which
> contains type or table dependents, I become these Error Message:

Better post your SQL so that people know exactly what you are doing. The error message of ORA-02303 is self-explainatory. You can not drop a type which has dependents, much like you can not drop a table which has other tables referencing it via foreign keys.

SQL> create type typ1 as object (c1 varchar2(1));   2 /

Type created.

SQL> create type typ2 as table of typ1;
  2 /

Type created.

SQL> drop type typ1;
drop type typ1
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02303: cannot drop or replace a type with type or table dependents

SQL> drop type typ2;

Type dropped.

SQL> drop type typ1;

Type dropped. Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 16:55:24 CDT