Visual Basic and SQL

From: Arjun Reddy <rhizopod_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2002 07:58:08 -0700

I have a query where I want to extract data from three joined tables. Two of them are already defined Oracle tables, the third is a result of a query on a different Oracle table. Using the tool EZSQL I can use something of the form:

SELECT table1.id, table2.crap, subtable.monkey, z FROM table1, table2, (SELECT id, blah1, blah2, FROM table3 WHERE ... ) subtable WHERE table1.id = table2.id AND
table1.id = subtable.id

That is, I can use the symbol "subtable" after the subquery then refer to its fields elsewhere in the query. However, I cannot do this in Visual Basic 6.0. How do I refer to fields from the subquery (I have to join on one of these fields) elsewhere in the query in Visual Basic? Maybe it is something simple that I am missing (hopefully). Thanks,

Arjun Received on Wed Aug 21 2002 - 09:58:08 CDT