Re: NLS_DATE_FORMAT and one USER

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:53:51 GMT

"Oré" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I kown that it was possible to do :
> ALTER SESSSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD/MM/YYYY'
> so for one session...

have you tried using LOGIN.sql ?

> but i would like this alter with a USER ?
> I fact, i woudl like that a user or a role is always "this" NLS_DATE_FORMAT

So you really want it for more than one user? Have you considered asking your DBA about changing the default?
> .
>
> For the moment the solution is a "alter session" after each connection ....

If these are SQLPLUS sessions, then LOGIN.SQL may be your answer, if not, then it's time to talk to your DBA.

> can you help me ??? for the user is always the same date format .....
>
> THANKS ....
>
> Aurélien

I can only think of three cases for making the connection:

SQLPLUS
then the answer is LOGIN.SQL

Other generic tool, like ORACLE REPORTS or Microsoft ACCESS. Then the answer must be in the documentation for those tools.

A custom application, written in Pro*C or using something like ODBC. Then the answer must be change the program.

--
Edward J. Prochak   --- Magic Interface, Ltd.
Ofc: 440-498-3700   --- 7295 Popham Place, Solon, OH 44139