Re: Copy Dilemma

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 06:19:15 -0700

"Schr?inger's Cat" <72446.2772_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:<xpm69.2815$cm5.850741353_at_twister1.starband.net>...
> I am trying to copy from one database to another. The origin is an 8i
> instance and the destination is an 9i instance on another machine. If I am
> logged on to the destination machine as a user with sufficient privileges
> and type:
>
> copy from user/pw_at_origindb create tablename using select * from tablename;
>
> I get an error ORA- 01002
>
> On the other hand if I am logged on to the source database (remotely from
> the destination machine), and type:
>
> copy to user/pw_at_destdb create tablename using select * from tablename;
>
> it works fine!
>
> Weird!!!! Anyone have any ideas what is happening????

I do not know the answer, but I would guess Oracle is having a problem in where it is looking for the select table, but another work around might be the create table x as select ... from remote_table_at_db_link if you want to issue the commands on the target database.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 08:19:15 CDT