Re: date column select question

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:49:39 GMT

Daniel,
  Isn't it better to use a 'screwy' format and then specify what the format is to TO_DATE, then to figure out the format for the instance (it is my understanding that the format can be set different for each instance installed on the same machine, not to mention from machine to machine) and then have to remember why it works on one site and not another?