SQL: Oracle-MSAccess data type error

From: Dave <dgmoore_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:08:23 GMT

When I attempt to use Oracle nvl or decode functions on date fields in pass-through queries from Access 2K the Jet error "Invalid precision for

decimal data type" is returned. This happens with both ODBC and ADODB connections to the table in question. A check of the table fields verifies the data type to be date/time. I have tried various combinations and permutations of TO_DATE and TO_CHAR on these fields with no success.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
Dave Received on Sun Aug 11 2002 - 09:08:23 CDT