EMN0 failed while starting

From: dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:58:45 GMT

Hello...

I'm getting sporatic errors in my <sid>PMON.TRC file: " ORA-00444: background process "EMN0" failed while starting". Getting this maybe a couple times per month.

I'm doing cold backups nightly beginning at 1am. Shutting down the instance with a script.

Here's the detail from the PMON:

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none>

Oracle process number: 2

Windows thread id: 1812, image: ORACLE.EXE

All errors are timestamped 1am, so I assume something's happening during shutdown. Here's my shutdown script, which is called by Veritas Backup Exec as a pre-job script:

d:\oracle\ora817\bin\oradim.exe -shutdown -sid POS1 -usrpwd ***** -shuttype inst -shutmode i

Startups after these errors seems fine. No other symptoms that I can see so far.

Any suggestions? 817 on Win2k-Serv

TIA,
D. Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 10:58:45 CDT