Re: How to select a primary key?

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 11:24:04 GMT

In comp.lang.java.databases Konrad Den Ende <konrad_at_voxway.com> wrote:
> I understand that Oracle believs i don't want to
> use any primary key. Why? How to solve this?

First of all, please don't cross-post this on every available *.database groups.

When you created the table did you add a PRIMARY KEY constraints ? if not, then you don't have any PK in the table.

Use

ALTER TABLE table_name ADD CONSTRAINTS pk_tb_name PRIMARY KEY (list of the field you want in the PK)

to add a primary key. And RTFM.

Davide Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 06:24:04 CDT