Career advice needed please......

From: Mike Hibbert <mike.hibbert_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:22:27 GMT

Hi all,

I was hoping to get a bit of career advice from you all. I have been offered an internal transfer (I work for an online bank) moving from a Siebel development team to an Oracle DBA position. I used to be a DB2 DBA so i know the fundamentals of the role. I can't quite make up my mind if this is a good move, Siebel development is currently a hot potato (although becoming less so), but I'm not sure of Oracle's current/future marketability. My gut feel is to make the move (databases still excite me!), but as I said how big is oracle at the moment, how much of a threat is DB2 Universal?

Any help would be great!

Mike Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 05:22:27 CDT