Re: PL/SQL Package for generating HTML Tables

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:26:13 GMT

Christian Stauffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw the htp/htf packages of oracle. What I need is a
> function that returns full formatted HTML Code when I pass a
> select statement.
> Something like:
> ret:=sys.xyz.BuildHTMLTable ('select 1,2 from dual union all
> select 10,20 from dual');
> would return the HTML Code for a Table looking like:
> 1 2
> 10 20
>
> Is there an Oracle delivered package for such operations, or
> for anything else HTML-oriented?
>
> Please send a copy of your reply to
> stauffer<at>infosystem.ch
>
> Thanks, Christian
>
> --
> Christian Stauffer
> Infosystem AG Switzerland

No. You write your own and use htp/htf to help you. In my experience most people write a function that returns a common header, another that returns a common footer, and call it all from a stored procedure that builds tables within a cursor loop.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 10:26:13 CDT