Re: problem with changing parameter lists

From: Carla <csteinme_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:41:47 GMT

Tony -

There are several things you can try:

  1. Check to make sure the procedure is valid. From sql*plus: select status from user_objects where object_name = 'PROCEDURE_NAME';
  2. When changing the parameter signature of the procedure, the URL call must also be modified to include the new parameter signature, unless the new parameters are defined with a default value.
  3. Check that your web browser is set to refresh the page every time it is accessed. Sometimes, if it's not set that way you could actually be looking at a cached version that is somehow preventing it from displaying properly. To do this, go to your browser options. In IE, it would be under Tools, Internet Options, then on the General Tab, click on Settings for Temporary Internet Files and make sure 'Every Visit to the Page' is chosen.
  4. How is your Apache modplsql Data Access Descriptor set up?? Does it have a default user/password defined or do you need to log in each time?? If you have to log in each time, are you sure the user you are logging in as has permissions to the procedure?? Is there a public synonym set up for it??

Good luck -

Carla