Re: Checking if Oracle 9i is installed

From: Ramya Priya <priya.ramya_at_blr.spcnl.co.in>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:09:33 +0530

My application's installation program has to check if oracle 9.2 is intalled on the server, before creating a database for our application. For this reason, we need to check som file / registry key to see if oracle is installed. looks like that there is no straight forward way of doing it, insteag we have to check some installactions.log file or something like this.
Is there any better way?