Can I have an explicit cusor like this?

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:53:57 -0400

Can I pass a variable for table name in an explicit cursor such as

   Cursor name_cur ( p_tablename IN VARCHAR2,

                     p_col3       IN VARCHAR2)
   is
       SELECT col1, col2
       FROM p_tablename
       WHERE col3 = p_col3;

Because I need to use this cursor for a FOR LOOP in BEGIN section of a procedure. Using implicit cursor probably too resource costly. Or it can not, is there a way to accomplish similar function? C chang Received on Sun Jun 23 2002 - 21:53:57 CDT