Re: HELP: oracle9i certificate

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:42:09 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> "news.msu.edu" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > did anyone take the OCP DBA for oracle9i or oracle8i? if so, could you
> > share your experience with me? Currently I am wondering which certificate
> > (8i or 9i) I had better try my best to obtain.
> > thanks...
> >
> > pls reply at: yuqin_at_msu.edu
>
> This question is equivalent to the following: "I'm going to college what
> should I choose as a major?"
>
> How about choosing the one that makes the most sense for your career.
>
> Daniel Morgan

No it's not! It's like asking, "should I learn alchemy or chemistry?" Alchemy died in the 17th century -- and was replaced by chemistry. Oracle 8i will be de-supported -- since it has been replaced by 9i. The choice is yours, of-course, Yuqin. But which one do you think would make 'the most sense for your career'?

Avi. Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 23:42:09 CDT