Re: HELP: oracle9i certificate

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:45:51 +0100

"Avi Abrami" <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com> wrote in message news:3D042E21.838B8296_at_intersystemsww.com...

> No it's not! It's like asking, "should I learn alchemy or
> chemistry?" Alchemy died in the 17th century -- and was replaced
> by chemistry. Oracle 8i will be de-supported -- since it has
> been replaced by 9i. The choice is yours, of-course, Yuqin.
> But which one do you think would make 'the most sense for your
> career'?
>
> Avi.

How many 9i databases do you run? how many are you planning to install in the next 18 months? How many of those will your app vendors support. given that a crash course for the OCP should only take 2 or 3 months methinks your analogy is overblown. I must admit I'd go for the 8i + upgrade route and then claim 2 certs.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA