Re: connect to a remote Oracle db using PLSQL procedure

From: Stephan Born <stephan.born_at_beusen.de>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:54:06 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

[...]

> To connect to the remote machine directly you must have it in your
> TNSNAMES.ORA and then connect to it in the normal manner.

To be precise: the remote-database has to be in the TNSNAMES.ORA of the 'locale' database-server!!! In my case we had the constellation that the db-clients had another TNSNAMES.ORA than the db-server had itself ( for security reason?? ).
So, I searched a day or two before I found the solution....

Regards, Stephan Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 11:54:06 CDT