Re: Ms Access link / import problem

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:04:18 GMT

"news-server.columbus.rr.com" wrote:

> I'm trying to use access 2000 to a oracle 9 database running 11i
> application, problem is when I go to link
> the table in access it does not show any table I can link..
>
> I'm using the microsoft oracle driver and other programs like winsql and
> qtodbc show all of the table with no problem from the same driver ? anybody
> else had this problem ?

The only thing I can think of is that you are attempting to take actions that violate system security at a fundamental level. I can not imagine why anyone would allow you access, with Access, to an 11i application. If they have, and I question their sanity for doing so, likely they have not given you appropriate rights the schema(s). Talk to the DBA.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 24 2002 - 10:04:18 CDT