trigger problem in calling java external procedure

From: Judge <judge321_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 21:01:04 -0700

hi all,

I have created a trigger that calls to the java external routine. The trigger looks like below:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER upd_notify_trigger   AFTER UPDATE OR INSERT OR DELETE ON "resources"     FOR EACH ROW
    BEGIN

      IF DELETING THEN
          call udp_notify (:OLD."resource_id",

:OLD."type",
:OLD."x",
:OLD."y",
:OLD."z",
:OLD."speed",
:OLD."bearing");
ELSE call udp_notify (:NEW."resource_id",
:NEW."type",
:NEW."x",
:NEW."y",
:NEW."z",
:NEW."speed",
:NEW."bearing");
END IF; END; /

When I execute the above script I got the error "trigger created with compilation errors".

If I remove the keywords "call" from the above script the trigger is created and compilation was successful (note: I am calling to a procedure not function). But when I update the database I got this error "ORA-04098: trigger 'TEST_USER.UDP_NOTIFY_TRIGGER' is invalid and failed re-validation.

Could any one help me fix the problem? I have tried everything I think would work with no success.

thanks in advance....

best regards,
judge Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 23:01:04 CDT