Re: remote access for sql*net

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 22 May 2002 14:23:16 +1000

"Dave" <bachandd_at_stu.easternct.edu> writes:

> I am looking for a slick way to access Oracle boxes that are behind a
> firewall and privately addressed. Trying to get safe web access for SQL
> programming for the school without the great fun of a SQLNET proxy.

What about using the iSQL*Plus web browser interface? With it you only need to allow HTTP (or HTTPS) traffic.

You can get a better idea whether it matches your teaching and security needs from reading the SQL*Plus UG&R at http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/server.920/a90842/toc.htm

The iSQL*Plus server is available with the 9.0.1 database release on Windows. The recently released (enhanced) 9iR2 version runs on various other platforms too.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.