Help on 8.1.7 Personal Install on Windows 98

From: Cameron <chughes1_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 04:15:25 GMT

Help! This installation keeps crashing. The install seemed to go fine, then the Net8 Configuration Assistant ran successfully, then when the "Oracle Database Configuration Assistant" ran (again automatically), the PC froze and had to be powered off to reboot. I then ran the Configuration Assistant two more times manually and again it died each time. I get a Command.com DOS screen, then the system dies.

Is this a known problem? Any fix for this? It dies trying to create a database from a copy on the install CD. Any ideas?