Installation Problems -- Help Needed

From: <tilleyrw_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 17:36:32 GMT

The most curious things have been happening duing my latest installs of Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 for Linux.

After the spash screen comes up annoucing Oracle Universal Installer 1.7.1.8.0, the only two buttons in the dialog which function are "Deinstall Products..." and "About Oracle Universal Installer". No other button responds to being clicked beyond changing appearance to show it is being clicked. Most important, the Next button is useless and does nothing to move to the next installation stage.

This is curious because the first time I ran the installer, everything functioned normally. I did quit the installer so that I could repartition my /home directory to have more disk space, then I tried to resume the Install. That is when this non-functioning-button behavior became evident.

I've already tried reloading the Oracle install software and also deleting all Oracle related files and directories from /home/oracle, so I don't think that is related. I have to assume that something changed with the installation script. That is unlikely so my assumption that some extraneous file located in an unlikely place is the cause of these problems, remains in effect.

Any help is most appreciated!

Robert Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 12:36:32 CDT