Re: MySQL to Oracle Migration

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 17 May 2002 07:14:46 -0700

penpendisarapen_at_yahoo.com (Victor) wrote in message news:<e203374a.0205161032.4ab42ede_at_posting.google.com>...
> We are migrating our MySQL databases to an Oracle database. Are there
> any tools available that can make the job easier?
>
> TIA.
>
> Victor

Victor, if you are migrating to version 9 look up the External Table feature of Oracle. If version 8 look in the Utilities Manual at SQLLDR, sequel loader which can read delimited or fixed record layout text files and load them into a table.

I do not of any tools that work with MySQL, but someone else might.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 09:14:46 CDT