Oracle stalls when loading/saving from DB

From: Ulf Elsing <elsing_at_tms.de>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:04:04 +0200

Hi,

just a week ago we have installed oracle 8.1.7. Enterprise Edition on a new server (1xPentium 4 2000A, 1024MB Ram, SCSI-Raid, Windows 2000 Advanced Server). We have a MFC-Application connecting to oracle via ADO. When working with the Application connected to the new server, the Application does periodically stall when loading from or writing to the database. The Application does not react for about 1 minute. After that, it works normal again.

On the old Server (2xPentium 3 733, NT4 Server) we never encountered these problems.

Does anybody have an idea???

Best Regards
Ulf Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 04:04:04 CDT