Re: Implicit Commit...pls remind me.

From: Chris Weiss <chris_at_hpdbe.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 23:02:11 -0400

If your connection terminated abnormally without issuing a commit or rollback, then PMON will rollback any uncommitted transactions. As Sybrand pointed out, SQL*PLUS issues an implicit commit when you issue an EXIT command. However, closing a SQL*PLUS window on Windows with entering EXIT is similar to a crash condition.

If your windows client locked up without issuing a commit or rollback, then PMON will rollback the uncommitted work. The EXIT command in SQL*PLUS is specific to the tool. Some third party tools have the equivalent of autocommit, so the exact behavior would be tool specific, and it would depend how or where your tool crashed.

Unless PL/SQL Developer has an autocommit mode, I would guess that any uncommitted transactions are rolled back when the tool locks.

Good Luck!

--
Chris Weiss