Initialized a varialbe of type?

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 23:43:36 -0400

in Package head section, I have created this:

TYPE tbl_order_id IS TABLE OF tableA.order_id%TYPE

   INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; and in Package body, I have a procedure that   PROCEDURE GetOrder(..,

              o_order_id     IN OUT tbl_order_id,
              ..) IS
        v_orderID     tableA.order_id%TYPE;
  	v_count       BINARY_INTEGER DEFAULT 0;

..
t_order_id tbl_order_id;
..
BRGIN .. o_order_id:= t_order_id; -- a cursor to select something into the v_orderID and loop through a table o_order_id(v_count):= v_orderID;

I wonder when I initialize the o_order_id, what I initialize o_order_id with? is the element of the o_order_id or o_order_id itself? What value does its element of o_order_id have ? null or what?

C Chang Received on Sat May 04 2002 - 22:43:36 CDT