Re: oracle tcp/ip transfer /retrevial

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 18:46:14 GMT

Adam Hapworth wrote:

> I am using oracle 8.1.6 on a unixware 7.1 server. I need to be able
> to send data from our database to a middleman (Lockheed Martin) which
> intern sends a request to another database to retrive information
> about our request and then sends it back through the same channels. I
> am wondering if this version of oracle will support this internally.
> I would figure it would easier through a db to db situation but we
> have to go through a middle man to process which of 50 db's to go to
> and then get the data returned. We are trying to witre a C module for
> this but we are having problems (lack of exeprience in C). I was
> currious if anyone else out here has done anything remotely similar
> and find out what they did.
>
> Thanks
> Adam

I've done similar systems but never once with people who didn't have the requisite skill set. I guess this would be a bad time to bring up CORBA, etc.

But when making reference to Lockheed you might want to use "in turn" rather than "intern" as the most likely definition of the later is medical.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 13:46:14 CDT