oracle tcp/ip transfer /retrevial

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 2 May 2002 09:54:10 -0700

I am using oracle 8.1.6 on a unixware 7.1 server. I need to be able to send data from our database to a middleman (Lockheed Martin) which intern sends a request to another database to retrive information about our request and then sends it back through the same channels. I am wondering if this version of oracle will support this internally. I would figure it would easier through a db to db situation but we have to go through a middle man to process which of 50 db's to go to and then get the data returned. We are trying to witre a C module for this but we are having problems (lack of exeprience in C). I was currious if anyone else out here has done anything remotely similar and find out what they did.

Thanks
Adam Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 11:54:10 CDT