Re: Trigger presence KILLS performance

From: Uday Moogala <umoogala_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:43:08 -0400

Hi Thierry,

How is your trigger defined, I mean, at statement level or at row level. If at statement level, trigger fires only once per delete stmt. If at row level, trigger fires for each and every row deleted. This is the overhead of firing the trigger.

It seems your trigger is at row level. Do you need to fire trigger code for each row? If not, then create a statement level trigger.

good luck,
Uday