Re: initial password for starting oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:09:30 +0200

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:38:54 +0200, "ufcm9" <ufcm9_at_ifrance.com> wrote:

>Hy,
>
>I am newbye in Oracle.
>I have installed the oracle 9i tryout package (Oracle9i Personal Edition
>Release 9.0.1.1.0 for Microsoft Windows 98) : A91514-01.zip
>I have installed it on my computer.
>But when I try to start the oracle 9i database, a password is required.
>I could not find this default password in the documentation.
>What is this password ?
>Thanks in advance.

>Hugues MALHERBE

In a proper personal oracle install (ie after accepting the starter database or creating your own) you don't need a password. It looks like some registry
BTW : all passwords *are* in the documentation, they sprinkled all over the archives of this group at http://groups.google.com , at numerous FAQ sites etc, etc
Please don't consider a new post to this group as your first resource of help, especially if you can safely assume passwords are documented, and are Frequently Asked by people who don't try to RTFM.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 12:09:30 CDT